Thursday, September 11, 2008

Veggie Tales

My cousin Anne yesterday brought me some of the bounty from her garden--tomatoes, a cucumber, assorted peppers, and green beans. I can't wait to make some Pico de Gallo with the tomatoes and peppers, and a side salad with the cucumber and some onions I already have on hand. Haven't figured out quite yet what to do with the green beans . . . and I must decide soon. When I got up this morning, I discovered that at least two of the green beans were making a break for it.

Well, actually, the cats were abetting the green beans in making a break for it. I caught Linus carrying one in his mouth while running down the stairs, and Lucy gingerly extracting one from the pile with her teeth.

I really need to get a video camera. The visuals are much funnier than any description I can provide.

Anyway, thanks to Anne for her generosity. Her garden's bounty will be put to good use . . . even if some of it does duty only as ersatz catnip.

No comments: