Monday, September 08, 2008

Thank You, Garrison Keillior



If you have never heard nor read Garrison Keillior's Lake Wobegon story Tomato Butt, I encourage you to find a copy (in audio, it's one of the "Summer" Lake Wobegon stories; in book form, it's in Lake Wobegon Days) and listen to it or read it immediately. If you don't laugh out loud and don't recognize yourself or your family/friends, you need a mental health check-up.

Besides, it makes a perfect bookend to my tale of Linus and Lucy and the Roma tomato (see my previous post, You Say To-May-To, I Say To-Mah-To). The wandering Roma has been found . . . and disposed of without further incident, thank goodness.

Sometime in the last day, Linus retrieved it from whatever downstairs hidey-hole he'd used for it, and he deposited it amongst my stash of 1- and 2-liter bottles of water awaiting refrigeration. Complete with kitty tooth marks. [On the tomatoes, not the water bottles . . . though I wouldn't put that past Linus, either.--Ed.] My lovely friend Sarah (not Palin, praise the Powers That Be) noticed it while we were making pizza last night. As I was telling her the wandering Roma story.

Timing is everything!

No comments: