Sunday, May 24, 2009

Who Cares About Baseball In October?


I'd be happy if the Cubs were playing baseball now. They just finished an 0-7 road trip . . . they scored only 5 runs TOTAL in 7 games . . . and they are falling back toward the bottom of the pack in the NL Central Division. This is after the Cubs were picked by nearly everybody to win their division, the National League, and to (finally) get back to the World Series for the first time since their loss in the fall classic in 1945. Not to mention that it's been 101 years since they won one.

Baseball in October is irrelevant if they're not playing good enough to get there in the first place.

I'm still rooting for them. Several key players have been injured all at the same time during these last 10 days or so; I don't think the offense is going to get back on track until Aramis Ramirez comes back--healthy--whenever that might be.

Yes, I'm still rooting for them, even through my current agonies. I'm a Cubs fan. I have a lot of bad habits.

No comments: