Sunday, March 22, 2009

The "Somebody Wasn't Thinking Clearly" Department



I just saw an ad for a new "as seen on TV" product [which, thankfully, I've not yet actually seen on TV--Ed.]. It's for a product designed to make a woman's hair look fuller, and must be ordered according to the woman's hair color. So far, so good.

It's called Bumpits.

So far, not so good. Even with the product in the accompanying illustration I just saw, my first reading of the name was "Bum-pits," not the intended "Bump-its."

I do not want "bum pits" of any sort, matching my head hair color or not, thank you very much. Why do you think I use an anti-perspirant deodorant every day?

Somebody ought to tell the genius [and I use the term very loosely--Ed.] who thought of the product's name that an en-dash (you know, the printer's measure for a single dash, like this one: "-") would have been in order, just to clarify matters.

Bum pits. Now there's a mental image I do NOT want to conjure. Eeeuuwwww! Too late!

No comments: