Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Oops! I Did It . . .

In a recent posting [I Didn't Know Indiana Had A Wine Industry--Ed.], I mentioned that there was no longer a separate women's professional bowlers' tour. I swear I got the idea from what an ESPN announcer said. However, last night ESPN televised a WIBC match play final, so I surmise my earlier assertion was in error.

The correct situation seems to be this: the men's professional bowlers' tour has eliminated the "men only" restriction from its tournament rules. Any woman pro bowler who so wishes may compete in a PBA event against the men, and if she makes the TV finals, so much the better. But the women's tour still exists as a separate entity.

I apologize for any confusion my earlier confusion may have caused. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

No comments: