Thursday, February 25, 2010

O, Canada!


I was half asleep, listening to (but not really watching) MSNBC's "Too Early" show this morning, when I heard what has to be the mother of all Olympic tie-ins. As part of its quest to bring us everything possible even remotely connected to the Vancouver Olympics, NBC's cable affiliate took a totally unscientific poll to discern who is the greatest Canadian of all time.

The suggestions apparently poured in. [There must be many, many more people awake at that hour than I can imagine.--Ed.] Neil Young made the list, as did the Canadian scientists/researchers who first developed insulin for human use (worthy nominees all). But according to MSNBC, the top three, in reverse order, are:

Bronze: Michael J. Fox
Silver: Dudley Do-Right
Gold: William Shatner

My eyes were now opened wide as I nearly fell out of bed, laughing. Any poll that has a lovable rascal, an animated naif, and the ultimate space cowboy as its top three is a poll whose results I can endorse!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It does work...

Unknown said...

Gotta love that Dudley Doo-Rite.

Eclectic Iconoclast said...

Welcome, Harry. Please feel free to leave comments about any of the posts, even if you disagree. Cogent criticism I can take. Would love to start a conversation!