Friday, August 21, 2009

It's The End Of The World As I Know It



And I'm not sure I feel fine. I just read an article in "The Huffington Post," by Larry FLint . . . and, I am ashamed to admit, I agree with much of what he said. God help me--the man is a total sleazeball, who made a huge fortune off the exploitation and degradation of women, but when he's correct, he's correct. He said that the real war in America isn't between the left and the right--it's between the rich and the poor . . . and he's on the side of the poor, because the rich are systematically screwing them over while also reducing the middle class to poverty.

I cannot even begin to describe the depth of my own consternation at this turn of events. I am trying to comfort myself with the wisdom of the late, great Ann Landers: even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Granted, she was talking about an analog, 12-hour-cycle clock, but still . . .

Maybe I'll feel not so disgusted with myself about it once the shock wears off. In the meantime, I'm going to go wash. With lots of soap. "Unclean! Unclean!"

No comments: